IMPORTANT: FAILURE TO ATTEND AN APPOINTMENT WITHOUT GIVING REASONABLE NOTICE OF CANCELLATION WILL RESULT IN NO FURTHER APPOINTMENTS BEING MADE.
THE LETTING FEE MAY NOT BE REFUNDABLE - THIS WILL BE AT THE LANDLORDS’ DISCRETION. CAUTIONS PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THE PRIVACY ACT 1993 BEFORE APPLYING FOR A RESIDENTIAL TENANCY:
PRIVACY CONSENT STATEMENT
- This application form collects personal information about you to assess whether you would be the best applicant on merit for a specific property or for other properties available for rent, and we may also carry out a credit check.
- If you enter into a tenancy agreement with us, the information in this application form will be held on a database and used by us and by the owner of the rental property, and may also be made available to a credit bureau or tenant default database.
- If you do not supply all the information requested in this form, you may not be considered as a tenant for any of the properties we administer.
- You have the right to see the information that we, any credit bureau or tenant default database holds about you and to correct the information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
: I understand and consent that:
IF I PROCEED WITH RENTING ONE OF YOUR PROPERTIES, I DO SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE AND AGREE THAT;
- You are asking me for personal information about me that you may give to a credit bureau and that the credit bureau will hold that information on their systems and use it to credit check me and to provide their credit reporting service.
- When any other credit bureau’s customers use the credit bureau’s credit reporting service, the credit bureau may give the information to those customers.
- You may conduct any enquiries or searches to verify the information contained in this application, and to obtain details of my creditworthiness from the owner or agent of my current or previous residence, my personal referees and any record, listing or database available for such purposes including National Tenancy Database and Tenancy Information New Zealand.
- You may provide the information in this form and details of any proven breach in my tenancy agreement or of the Residential Tenancies Act 1986 to any credit bureau or tenant default database and that the information may then be publicly accessible through any credit bureau or tenant default database.
- Under no circumstances will you accept a Bond Transfer.
I CONFIRM THE INFORMATION IN THIS FORM IS TRUE AND CORRECT AND THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD ALL OF THE ABOVE, INCLUDING, THE PRIVACY ACT 1993 STATEMENT AND THE CONSENT STATEMENT. Note: If you do not enter into a tenancy agreement with the Company this form will be destroyed.
- I am not a discharged bankrupt, and I am 18 years old or older.
- The rent to be paid is within my means and I will complete a tenancy agreement prepared by your Company.
- I am responsible for arranging my own Contents Insurance cover, and for any damage that may be caused to the landlord’s property.
- My phone numbers and\or email addresses may be given to trades people to arrange access for maintenance purposes, or to a valuer or agent for the purpose of making a mutually acceptable viewing appointment when a valuation is required.
- If I default in my obligations to you, that fact and other relevant personal information collected about me during the course of the tenancy may be disclosed to a credit company and\or the landlord and/or third party operators of the tenancy/reference databases and/or other Property Managers and/or Landlords, and those parties may give information about my default to their customers.
- Any costs of debt recovery will be my responsibility.
- You may use any of the information on this form to enforce any judgment in respect of the tenancy agreement or in respect of any order against me made by the Tenancy Tribunal.
- I hereby appoint your Company as my agent to find accommodation for me. Should you introduce me to any premises which lead to me taking a tenancy, I undertake to pay you a fee equal to one week’s rent plus GST.